Saturday, February 13, 2010

Great Backyard Bird Count

This weekend is the Great Backyard Bird Count. Here's the link if you want to add your backyard count: http://www.birdsource.org/gbbc/. So, I counted 15 different types of birds this morning in my backyard and probably two dozen birds at one time. I took some pictures, but they don't really like me doing that. I don't have a very good zoom on my camera so I have to stand outside where they see me. Only the brave ones will come around while I'm out there.
You can click on the pictures for a slightly bigger view.



Here's a Carolina Wren.


I think this is a Pine Warbler. He's new to my backyard this year.


This is a Red Bellied Woodpecker.

This guy wouldn't look at me, but he's a Towhee.


This is a White Breasted Nuthatch. They are the ones that walk down trees head first.

No comments:

Post a Comment